Wednesday, October 18, 2006

open letter to Pat Haggarty

Brother Haggarty

I would like to go on the record as saying that I was impressed with the way you handled what must have been an awkward time for yourself and some very divisive times for our union. I have been critical of events that have unfolded on your watch over the last 2 years, such as the substandard JV Screwdriver agreement, the forced march towards the CEP and the failure to take a decent CMAW constitution to the members and the lack of any elections to date for the 3 CMAW presidents that have held that position by appointment and of course the postponement and cancellation of our BCPC convention earlier this year. I can only surmise that you have had some extremely poor advice from within and without our union.

That said, I feel you acquitted yourself once again with the exemplary demeanor that I first saw when you chaired the meeting with McCarron where the lights went out at 513.

fraternally, dave livingston
============

From: "Pat Haggarty"
To: "'dave'"
Subject: RE: praise where it is due
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:13:11 -0700

You know, I think that was a backhanded compliment.

Pat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the same way until the ashole filed for an injunction for a second time to stop the duely elected new Officers, from taking office again even after a 59 to 30 vote for them.
As the oath of office he took says!

To be only worthy of our scorn.
Solo digno de nuestro desprecio.

as I see it when I'm sober

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Jan no fixed address Noster and Pat only worthy of my scorn Haggerty would have won the elections at covention, if they would have filed an injunction against themselves.