Worker dead after boiler accident was one month from retirement - CBC Edmonton
He was one of two workers cleaning the inside of a boiler on Aug. 4 when a motor on the scaffolding failed, trapping the men inside.
Gauthier's family says he was overcome by heat as he dangled from his safety harness for an hour before being rescued.
"Why did it take everyone so long to get him out?" son René Gauthier asked.
"He was in an extremely hot environment for way too long and then when that came to a point where he needed to get out, there was nobody there to get him out. The machinery failed, everything failed."